It’s simple to overlook that tyres are the only point of contact linking your vehicle with the road. In fact, investing in a good set of tyres will improve the handling, steering, acceleration, and braking of your vehicle. Even the powerful engine, brawniest brakes and most advanced anti-skid system are at the mercy of the tyre’s grip on the road.
Therefore, it’s important to choose the right kind of tyres for your vehicle. Hence, if you’re looking to buy new tyres for your vehicle but don’t know where to start from, here are some of the useful tyre buying tips that can help you to get the best tyres of your treasured car, SUV or 4X4.
What are the things that need due consideration while buying new tyres?
No wonder, there are many options available in tyres. Sometimes it can be overwhelming, but you need to calm yourself and select the right type of tyres that are perfectly suitable for your vehicle. The following tyre buying tips will help you to choose the correct tyres:
- It is important to buy the correct tyres for your vehicle because unsuitable tyres can adversely affect your vehicle’s handling as well as the fuel efficiency.
- Are you thinking to invest in cheap tyres? Well, it’s better to avoid buying cheap tyres because it often invites risk and hazardous factors.
- If you’re not sure which brand to select while buying your vehicle’s tyres, trust in good brands like Bridgestone, Goodyear, Continental, Dunlop etc. They offer superior quality tyres with great durability.
- Whenever you’re buying your vehicle’s tyres, make sure to buy a matching set from the same tyre brand; it will improve your vehicle’s performance and fuel efficiency.
Assorted tyres brands
Akin to other vehicle parts, tyres come in different shapes and sizes, so it’s necessary to have at least some basic knowledge before you start buying tyres for your vehicle. In fact, there are varied tyre brands that can help you navigate the world of tyres. They include the following reputed tyre brands:
- Achilles Radial
- Good Year
- BF Goodrich
What to do when you notice accelerated tyre wear and tear?
Buying the new tyres and fitting them on your vehicle is not the only thing to do. There are many other factors to consider for maintaining the longevity, efficiency and durability of your vehicle’s tyres. Here are certain important tips to avoid speedy wear and tear:
- Avoid driving fast on highways, as your vehicle’s tyres have to rotate more than the regular rotations.
- Make a rule to replace your vehicle’s old tyres with the new tyres every 5 to 6 years.
- Avoid driving in rough weather conditions and rough landscapes to maintain high durability.
- Due to repeated acceleration and braking in the city area, tyres invite uneven wear. Avoid frequent braking and acceleration to increase the efficiency of your vehicle’s tyres while driving in the city.
Things to consider while buying replacement tyres
If you come across uneven wear and tear, cuts, bumps or bulges in your vehicle’s tyres, it’s high time to replace the old tyres with the new tyres. Keep the following things in mind when replacing tyres:
- For the best handling, control and efficiency, replace all four tyres at once.
- Whenever you’re buying new tyres, it’s advised to buy from a reputable tyre dealer.
- Ensure that the new tyres are matching your vehicle’s configuration.
- If you’re buying two brand new tyres, it is advised to mount the new tyres on the rear axle to obtain better stability and traction while you can refit two of the old tyres that are in good condition at the front side.
No matter you’re buying new or replacement tyres make sure to go through the above-stated tips for better assistance. However, if you’re looking for the best tyres for your vehicle, buy Bridgestone tyres for a secure and smooth driving experience.
For more information on our range of top tyre brands, call Eagle Tyres on 02 9637 4355 today!